Pineal Gland is a small (1/3rd of an inch long) pine cone shaped endocrine gland located in the deep center of the brain. It is also called the Third Eye, because it has the same rods and cones cells which are also in our retina. This gland is situated deep in the brain and helps us see even in darkness. It is supposed to be the doorway or our connection with the Energy of the Universe. French Philosopher Rene Decartes, said that Pineal gland is the principal seat of the soul. It produces melatonin which helps regulate the circadian rhythm for our body keeping us awake, alert and at focus in daytime and giving us good healing sleep at night. Melatonin is the anti-aging and anti-stress agent because it both suppresses the cortisol and is a powerful anti-oxidant. Pineal gland also affects the levels of our feel good substances Serotonin and Dopamine. Pineal gland is also considered to be the biological clock that regulates the activity of the sex glands. The enigmatic 6th sense, spirit molecule DMT (dimethyltryptamine) is also produced by the pineal gland. DMT gives the power to understand consciousness at a different level and gives the power to connect to the Universe and its energies.
Pineal gland starts calcifying around the age of 12 and is said to be calcified in about 80% of the population. Calcification occurs with phosphorus, calcium and fluoride deposits. Stressful aging, lack of good sleep are the cause and effect of calcified pineal gland. Some of the signs of calcified pineal gland are insomnia with either difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep or feeling of fatigue after waking up. Mood staying low or anxiety can also be caused by calcified pineal gland. The good news is that it can be reperfused, if we will to do so. In the chakra system, The Ajna Chakra represents the third eye and represented by Indigo or the Royal Blue color. For the complete healing of our body and the soul, we need the energy to flow through this deep area of the brain. To see more of the “Aha” moments of deep clarity and insight we need to decalcify the pineal gland to the extent that we can. There are some people who you want to keep looking in their eyes because they have this spark of deep wisdom.
Ways to Decalcify and activate your pineal gland:
- Stay well hydrated
- Sleep well and sleep enough
- Reduce or avoid fluoride toothpaste
- Reduce the use of fluorinated water
- Reduce the use of processed foods
- Reduce the use of foods with pesticides
- Reduce the use of nonstick pans
- Increase the use of alkaline foods
- Deep breathing ionizes and increases the flow of cerebrospinal fluid
- Toning or Chanting sends vibrations through CSF to energize pineal gland
- Laughing and Smiling increase endorphins, which are relaxing and balance the energy
- Relaxation achieved in any way activates pineal gland
- Focusing Meditation by bringing awareness and keeping attention in the area of pineal gland in brain
We have two eyes to see two sides of things. To see everything at the same time and yet not see anything, we need our third eye to open….